7 Random Things
Blagica (blah-gee-tsa) Bottigliero, tagged me in a rotating blog meme that states I need to outline 7 random/odd things about me. Here goes.
1. Once a lawyer/ interrogator I was dating gave me the friend test (he introduce me to his friend at dinner for the express purpose of getting feedback as to whether or not I was worthy, fuckabe, sane, fill in the blank) I retaliated by playing the part of a 21yr old club girl for the “interview”. At some point the friend was so flabbergasted he said to my beau “You know Max, sex isn’t everything.” I have no idea why this is the crowning jewel in my dating mischief cap, but that line makes me very proud. I still feel a little guilty about this charade but mostly just giddy at the fact that I had the tits to screw with his calculated plan, and the wherewithal to pull it off.
2. I went to college to become an architect and didn’t even make it past my sophomore year. I’ve told everyone I’ve worked for that I got a degree in marketing and they’ve never bothered to check, not once.
3. I once was a model for a Donna Karen show at a Nordstroms in Salt Lake City Utah. I wore overalls and was supposed to pretend to be walking to school with my ultra tall, very beautiful friends. They all had on their model faces, I was the only one who smiled. After the show I met Donna Karen who said she enjoyed my smile, however at 17 I had no idea who she was and I overlooked what a huge opportunity and compliment that was.
4. I crave liver and onions every time it rains and have been known to drive to a Lithuanian restaurant in Bridgeport called Healthy Foods during thunderstorms to get my fix. I think my mother must have made it a lot when it rained, and as I child I remember dreading having to eat the vile combination.
5. My two youngest children were born underwater. (OK, so that’s really about them but I WAS the one who shot them out into the water)
6. When I was 9 yrs old I woke up in the middle of the night and found I couldn’t walk. I dragged myself down the hallway of our house screaming for my mom. I spent a week in the hospital where they could not find a single clue as to why I couldn’t walk, and then just like that, I could use my legs again. Nobody can explain to me why this happened.
7. When I hear music I see splashes of color, moving shapes, and sometimes even whole imagined choreographed scenes in my head. I can’t listen to music while reading or working, I have too hard of a time concentrating. If I can, I like to work in total silence. This may or may not have something to do with the fact that I was diagnosed with ADD in college or may or may not have something to do with how much acid my mom dropped when she was pregnant with me. The world will never know.
- Link your original tagger(s), and list these rules on your blog.
- Share seven facts about yourself in the post – some random, some weird.
- Tag seven people at the end of your post by leaving their names and the links to their blogs.
- Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment on their blogs and/or Twitter.
Err… I came looking for the pay per view… 🙂 I like the the crowning jewel in my dating mischief cap. And not only because that’s something I would do. 😉
Colours with music sounds more like synaesthesia. Apparently more likely in creative people (though it’s possible the link is the other way around).
Also, the dating stunt – awesome, total kudos!
All this and more is why I follow you on Twitter!
You are just fun!
@Amy, I know it’s hard to believe, but that little date deception beat out the time I wore a brown bob wig and passed it off as my new hairdo. My boyfriend at the time was mortified that something was very wrong with me as it was such a huge change from my long red hair, he called all of our friends, he was putting together an intervention. A HAIR INTERVENTION! The re-manipulation of that stupid friend interview was way better than that.. that’s how good it was.
@James My husband thinks I have synaesthesia too. What a great word, sounds more like a digital music album than a disorder.
@dotcalm I thought people followed me on Twitter because in comparison, they were not the least bit fucked up at all. I’m glad you think it’s just because I’m fun. (: